I’ve put together this page for two reasons – to help you find what we have inside here at Aidpreneur, and to help you find other important resources that could be valuable to your career, independent practice or organization. If you know of a resource that should be included here – please tell me about it here.
The Terms of Reference Podcast is a huge collection of interviews with Development and Aid professionals from around the world.
You can subscribe to the podcast for free on iTunes by clicking here and you’ll never miss an episode.
Have an #aidpreneur you’d like to recommend we interview on the show? Send me a message here!
What it takes to get a consulting contract
Check out this series where I’ve taken on the challenge of landing a consulting contract (outside my normal area of expertise) in real time.
You can view all available trainings by clicking here. Or choose from the below:
- Pipeline Management for Fundraising or Business Development
- Identifying Opportunities
- Decisions and Prioritization
- Proposal Development
- Negotiation and Contract Execution
- Contract Handover
- Project Kick Off
- Project Monitoring
- Project Evaluation
- Project Closing
The following toolkits are the most popular (just click on the image):
There are quite a few more toolkits. You can view all available toolkits by clicking here.
Technical Wonkiness Sites
- Brookings Institution: www.brookings.edu
- Chatham House: www.chathamhouse.org
- Carnegie Endowment for International Peace: www.carnegieendowment.org
- Center for Strategic and International Studies: www.csis.org
- Council on Foreign Relations: www.cfr.org
- Rand Corporation: www.rand.org
- International Institute for Strategic Studies: www.iiss.org
- Amnesty International: www.amnestyusa.org
- Transparency International: www.transparency.org
- Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars: www.wilsoncenter.org
- Peterson Institute for International Economics: www.iie.com
- Heritage Foundation: www.heritage.org
- Center for Global Development: www.cgdev.org
- United Nations University: www.wider.unu.edu
- International Food Policy Research Institute: www.ifpri.org
- Institute of Development Studies: www.ids.ac.uk/publications
- Hudson Institute: www.hudson.org/policycenters/13-center-for-global-prosperity
- International Institute for Sustainable Development: www.iisd.org/
- International Institute for Environment and Development: www.iied.org
- Center for International Development at Harvard University: www.hks.harvard.edu/centers/cid/publications
- OPEC Fund for International Development: www.ofid.org
- Urban Institute: www.urban.org/center/idg/index.cfm
- Overseas Development Institute: www.odi.org
- Foreign Policy Magazine: www.foreignpolicy.com
- Share the World’s Resources: www.sharing.org
- Sci Dev Net: www.scidev.net/global/
- Inter Press Service: www.ipsnews.net